Animation Palooza!

Hey Everyone,

I just finished my final critiques for the quarter which went very well. I spent the last week or so working non-stop to get everything together. I will post about those in the next day or two.  For now, here are all of my little animation projects from my first Adobe After Effects class. Please enjoy and let me know what you think if you feel so inclined.


The first homework assignment was to make a flower grow.  I tried to make it a bit more interesting than that.



Flytrap from Michael Schwalm on Vimeo.

In the second homework assignment we were supposed to utilize moving type. Mine turned into a TV intro to my life.




Next up was 3D space. They call After Effects a 2 1/2 D program because there is only so much that you can do 3D-wise.  In this case we were to make a robot dancing "the Robot" This is probably my favorite thing I did all quarter for sheer ridiculousness.




Next up was an i-Pad application that we had to design for NASA. Our teacher gave us all of the designs and images and we just had to make stuff move around. Boring as all get out, but I learned a lot. The circle moving around on the screen is supposed to indicate the movement of a finger as a person explores the app. My class made fun of me 'cause it moved around so slowly but it was the last part of the thing I did and by then I just didn't have the time to go back in and keep tweaking.  There is also a red dotted line that follows the rocket ship at the end but it didn't show up when I rendered stuff. Too bad 'cause it looks way cooler with the dotted line.




Finally, more foolin' around with all of the Villa Tempus stuff.  I had a whole lot more of this that I animated with the camera flying down a hallway looking at different parts of my process framed on the wall.  It was such a massive file that it would have taken forever to render on the school computers so I just rendered the last part of it.


Time Traveler from Michael Schwalm on Vimeo.

That's all for now! I am off to Orlando tomorrow to visit Harry Potter Town.  (Its really called the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure but that is such a mouthful that its not worth dealing with.) I can't wait.

-Mike

Comments

Popular Posts